Thursday, March 1, 2012

Virgin Galactic Test Flight


Virgin Galactic aims to conduct its first test flight by the end of 2012.  The first commercial suborbital passenger flight is proposed to take place in 2013 or 2014. 

Almost 500 customers have purchased tickets to ride into space on the six-passenger spaceship, SpaceShipTwo.  Tickets cost $200,000.  The spaceship reaches an altitude around 68 miles into our atmosphere.  Passengers will experience a few minutes of zero gravity, and will be able to see Earth against the blackness of space. 

Source:

Interested in teaching your students more about space science? Check out SSR's Vol 41 DVD, episode Space Science – Everyday Astronauts.  If your school would like to receive this free resource, visit http://www.ssrvideo.com/nhcmsp.html.   

Interested in speaking to students about space science? E-mail Fallon@ssrvideo.com

1 comment:

  1. When forced to leave my house for an extended period of time, I take my typewriter with me, and together we endure the wretchedness of passing through the X-ray scanner. The laptops roll merrily down the belt, while I’m instructed to stand aside and open my bag. To me it seems like a normal enough thing to be carrying, but the typewriter’s declining popularity arouses suspicion and I wind up eliciting the sort of reaction one might expect when traveling with a cannon.
    Flights to Accra
    Cheap Flights to Accra
    Cheap Air Tickets to Accra

    ReplyDelete